Is there a microwave in your kitchen? Let’s explore its capabilities. Many things can be done by this modern cooking appliance to cook healthy and delicious food. Not only can heat the food, the microwave can also be used for cooking.
Microwave is a cooking tool whose function is not much different from the oven. In fact, it can be said, the microwave is a modern electric oven.
In general microwave use vibration microwaves to generate heat while the oven using a special filament to anneal the fire. The microwave works by emitting super-high-frequency electromagnetic waves, ie above 3 GHz (3 × 109 Hz). If the microwaves are absorbed by an object there will appear warming effect on the object. That is, if the food absorbs the microwave radiation then it will convert into heat and cook food in a short time. This process is used in a microwave oven.
Currently, there are three kinds of microwave that can be tailored to your needs.
First, the microwave type of straight or solo models. Microwave this type is used to warm the food.
Secondly, microwave-type grill that serves to warm and grilling food, such as chicken, fish, or meat.
Thirdly, microwave convection type suitable for baking.
In addition to fast, easy, and practical, other features of the microwave is no need to use a lot of oil for cooking and heating food. More healthy, right?
Ways to use microwave
The microwave is a sophisticated cooking device that require a different technique or way of cooking compare to other cooking devices, such as kerosene stoves, coal briquette stove, gas stove, oven, and more.
Almost all the dishes, cakes, and drinks can be cooked in the microwave, even for dishes that had been processed in the usual manner, but of course, there are ways and techniques that should be done.
Water content food is very well cooked in the microwave. One of the most suitable is to cook the fish. Whenever cooking in a microwave, always use a special container that is safe to use in this electronic cooking devices.
Once finished cooking with a microwave, be sure to unplug electrical devices before cleaning it. It is very important in order not to get electric shock.
After usage, clean the dirt on the outside and inside walls of the microwave. Cleaning the microwave regularly will prevent the growth of bacteria in it.
Need Special Techniques
Perhaps no one denies that the microwave facilitate and accelerate the activity of cooking in the kitchen. However, cooking with microwave is very different than using other devices. Therefore, need special techniques and ways so that you can create an excellent cuisine. The technique, which is extracted from a number of sources, including:
- Make sure you do not use metal containers or metal-containing element. Because, the microwaves can not penetrate metal.
- Cut the meat and vegetables into uniform size and not too big so that foodstuffs can be cooked evenly.
- In order dishes cooked through, stirring or turning the food in the middle of the cooking process. Therefore, if the cooking process takes 10 minutes then arrange in advance to cook for five minutes. Once the food is stirred and turned over, cook for another five minutes.
- You will cook the meat boned? Make sure, discard the bones before it is processed first. because, the bones will hinder the maturation of meat around him.
- The microwave also can crisp back potato chips or other chips. How, packets of crisps in a paper wrap and then put in the microwave. The wrap will absorb moisture in the chips and make it back to crispy.
- The skin on some foodstuffs such as potatoes and tomatoes will inhibit the release of steam during the cooking process. Therefore, pin-prick prior skin potatoes and tomatoes before cooking. It also will keep the potatoes and tomatoes not broken
The advantages and disadvantages of using a microwave
There’s no perfect tool. Wearing any electronic device there must be a drawback or benefit, including a microwave oven.
The advantages uses of using microwave are: cooking techniques that are environmentally friendly, time-saving and energy-efficient, more practical, and easy to clean, and the food that is cooked keep more nutrition.
While the disadvantages : the house needs to be installed large enough electric power, if careless in the use could endanger the safety.
Here are some microwave available for you.